Monday, October 17, 2011

Meditation 1: Today I am going to take care of me~

For far too long I have been taking care of people. I believed that it was my job to fix people. I have always been here for people. My house, my space, my time, my love has always been wide open to anyone and everyone who needed me. Always wanting to extend a helping hand. I worried about everyone. I wanted to make it ALL better for them. I wanted to take on their pain. I wanted to wipe their tears and make their pain go away.

Today I went to church and cried and cried over the pain I have been carrying, everything that I have been feeling… forced to look at the things I haven’t had the time or energy to face. As I got off the train I was having this internal dialogue about the people in my life. The circles I run with and I said out loud; “I can’t take care of you!”

It’s not my job to take care of you.

It’s not my place to try and make it all better.

That’s YOURS to work through… to grow through… that is your pain to carry and heal from.

I can’t take care of you!

Today it’s all about me. Today I am taking care of me.

I AFFIRM:

Today I walk without guilt or shame!

Today I will look in the mirror and do that internal work that heals me.

Today I am taking care of ME!

I am healing ONE DAY AT A TIME!

And so it is~

No comments: