Friday, February 1, 2013

Writing prompt: What you are built for @nyclwg #amwriting #writingprompts



I am a ship in harbor. No movement. Gently floating. Present. My sails are my hair controlling my direction… I am guided by the wind…
Oya acompáñame…
Yemaya protégeme…
my bow keeps me centered…
my hull keeps me grounded…
I am steady… firm… I float… I sail…
What I am built for… is freedom
Free spirit
Free thought
Free living
Carefree
Journey
No worries
Secure
Stability
What I am built for is love…
I love you like a strawberry charms lollipops and sunflower seeds
I love you like my first Menudo album, rocking my Miguel Angel button
I love you like … “cool it now….. slow it down… you’re gonna lose control…”
I love you like … “Mr. Telephone man there’s something wrong with my line…”
I Love you like … El Debarge… “Love me in your special way…” “And all this love is waiting for you…” and “I know a place where we can dance the whole night away underneath electric stars…”
I love you like… “I’m writing this letter to let you know… this love of ours just can’t go… it’s for real… this letter… I write to you love letter.”
I love you like… “Your love… is better than ice cream… better than anything else that I could try…”
I love you like… “I’m every woman…”
I love you like… “Roxanne… Roxanne…”
I love you like… the wop
I love you like… laughter and joy
I love you like… possibility
I love you like… peace
I love you like… skittles and starburst
I love you like… honey and tea
I love you like… Cuba
I love you like… life
I love you like… birth
I love you like… forever
I love you like… religion
I love you like… faith
I love you like I could go on and on…
My love is endless
What am I built for?
I am built for loving…
Completely…
With all of me…
I am built for women
I am built for children
I am built for serving
I am built for living
I am built for lifting
I am built for giving
I am built For… giving
forGiving
Forgiveness
Forgive me
I forgive you for hurting me
I forgive you for mistreating me
I forgive you for not loving me
I forgive me for forgetting what I am built for…
And so it is…

I begin this day with so much gratitude… so much love for me… and so much love for you.
Time is up!
Aché


No comments: