Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Letter from Finding Your Force reader~ my response to YOU!

At first, I was only going to share a few quotes from this incredible letter, but decided that it was too important to not share with YOU in its entirety!

This person has changed my life in an instant…


LETTER FROM A READER:

“Good Morning Alicia!

...Wow Chica! Where do I start...?! I finished your book last night--in less than 48 hrs--but it has taken me all this time to finally sit down and write to YOU. To YOU, the author of the book that has changed my life--YOU, the person that told me that she does read her text messages and e-mails (and I believe you!) YOU, the person that I felt such an enormous connection to not only when I saw your picture and read your information before meeting you--But, when I saw you in that panel--when you spoke, when you read/performed/recited your poem, when you answered my question, when you signed my book (which I have not let go ever since Saturday--I knew I had something special in my hands and that when I started to read it I was not going to stop and I was right!)

Then, I learned that you are a LEO just like ME! Yay!! I was born July 27th--when learning your birthday I was like: "No wonder! This is why I felt like I knew her!" I love it! Never did I imagine though that you were going to affect me so much and so strong--after meeting you--the next day, I wanted to write you an e-mail just like you did to "Rock Wilk" saying I LOVE YOU--YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL as well :-)

Alicia, reading your book has been such a pivotal experience/moment in my life--I found my self laughing out loud-literally, crying out loud-hysterically, I was in love, I was hurt, I was heart broken, I was lifted, I was uncomfortable and I was extremely comfortable at once, I was cheering, gasping, hyperventilating... Dios Mio!... y tambien ahora, as I'm writing to you I can feel my heart beats in my throat--I'm cold, I'm sweating and I cannot stop my tears and I know you understand how it feels--YOU are my Ellen Degeneres, my Oprah, my Marc Anthony, my Barack Obama, my Rock Wilk--Finding Your Force A Journey to Love is my Alchemist (I have not read the Alchemist yet, but I will keep and cherish your book just like you did to The Alchemist.)

Sooo many feelings take over me when thinking about your book--I want to buy a few more copies to give to my former teacher, former college advisor and a few other individuals that have extremely impacted my life. I have not stopped talking about your book--usually, after reading a book I let some of my friends and family read and take my copy but NO not this time--NOT with THIS book--This is MINE ONLY--I did with my copy of your book what I have never done before--I highlighted, underlined, I marked up pages, I wrote notes and comments on it--I do not want any body to touch it (which is really not like us LEO women, you know how we are.)

On the other hand, at the end of your book you stated, "I want to inspire people to reach for their dreams. I want to serve as an instrument of change." Well, CREEME MI AMOR--YOU DID IT! I've never been so inspired before to achieve my goals and it is all thanks to YOU! This is the push that I needed--I will start a fucking revolution!

You have been my, "group of girls that were singing about a small town girl when you were walking towards the shuttle train--don't ever stop believing" and for that I THANK YOU!

Not sure if this is an individual thing but I too love so STRONG and so MUCH to the point that many don't always get it and as much as I love to "play around" with words--I cannot always express it right (but I sure do demonstrate it but many still don't get it!) yet, you worded it so perfectly when you stated it: "I FUCKING LOVE LOVING~ and I give it freely" you could've not said it any better! I found myself yelling "Exactly" at the end of many of your statements, wanting to high-five-you and in many instances hug you and cry with you.

Alicia, I know you barely know me but I am so proud of you! I identify with you so much on so many levels--I respect you and admire you--I look up to you! I LOVE YOU! Thank you for your words of wisdom--your words/quotes have/will inspired me so much! I can't wait to tell all of our radio stations and schools about you!! I love it that you lived here in Rhode Island, that you went to Rhode Island College, that your roots are Dominican--que eres Latina y que eres Mujer! Gracias Por darnos tan buena y tan linda representacion!!! CONGRATULATIONS on such a wonderful masterpiece!!! There was not a chapter, line, word that I didn't enjoy! Eres un Angel! Eres Grande!

I will be getting in contact with you again very soon--I would like for one, all or some of the organizations that I am involved with to bring you here--If not I WILL invite you to one of my shows--I feel like EVERYBODY needs to know about YOU--I am an actress, writer and spoken-word artist--I work with a few theaters and a few radio stations here in RI--in Spanish and in English--I am extremely active still at RIC and in the community and just last month I started doing: "Noche de Poesias" A Night of Poetry and Spoken Word--which I will be hosting once a month. Also, I did a one-woman-show while in college called: "Feeling Luna-Tic" which was about My Purpose/Reason in life and my hunger and passion to follow my goals---I am still performing it--Finding Your Force I felt was like an answer to my play--THANK YOU! You have become one of my favorite Writers and Finding Your Force A Journey to Love has become one of my FAVORITE books! Te Adoro!

~from MARLENY LUNA, Providence, Rhode Island


MY RESPONSE:




As I sit here thinking about how amazing receiving those words make me feel… I am filled with a tremendous amount of love. I feel so humbled. To receive a letter like that on a day like today serves as a confirmation that blessings come right on time.

When I read in her letter, “YOU are my Ellen Degeneres, my Oprah, my Marc Anthony, my Barack Obama, my Rock Wilk--Finding Your Force A Journey to Love is my Alchemist (I have not read the Alchemist yet, but I will keep and cherish your book just like you did to The Alchemist.)” This is where all the tears started falling… it brought up every significant moment… I fell in love with her… I fell in love with her words because I understand how significant and profoundly powerful each of those people she mentions from my book have meant to me… so many experiences, moments of transformation and moments of defeat… how each person that I have met or NEVER met has impacted my life… actually I can say that I have met (or seen live) the people mentioned above and have had the opportunity to tell them how they have marked me in some way. And to know that I have somehow left a mark on someone’s soul is an honor I do not take lightly. I feel so grateful. I feel so full. I feel so blessed.

Then she wrote: “You have been my, "group of girls that were singing about a small town girl when you were walking towards the shuttle train--don't ever stop believing" WOW! This is exactly what I needed to hear today. To not stop believing… and her words came to remind me of this truth – right on time!

She closes with: “THANK YOU! You have become one of my favorite Writers and Finding Your Force A Journey to Love has become one of my FAVORITE books! Te Adoro!” WOW!!!! How amazing is that… I made someone’s favorite books and writer list. Thank you God for this blessing. I will forever be connected to you Marleny… thank you for this most beautiful gift!


Book available on AMAZON: Finding Your Force A Journey to LOVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely deserving of this & so much more. & I agree w/ everything she said! You GO Woman! I'm so happy for you! :)

- Nessa