Thursday, January 24, 2013

Writing prompt: time travel. A room

It’s vast
This space
I’m sitting on the ground feeling the dampness of the grass in my hands
The air as I inhale is of mint, lilies, and daisies
The sun hitting my face
I look up and give thanks
As I rise I extend my arms
Take one step
Then another
Barefoot
The earth underneath me grounded
Roots
My roots
Where I come from
This room that I am in
Is earth
Freedom
Open air
Caressing my cheeks
Love
Gratitude
Completion
Arrival
Safe
Arms extended
Feeling my way
Touching the branches
Leaves of healing plants all around me
Safe
Kingdom
Inheritance
I, too entitled
All this
Is mine
Ours
Yours
this room is home
my land
our land
your land
gratitude
peacefulness
tranquility
pink, red, orange, purple
colors of flowers I don’t even know the names of yet
but I’m learning
I’m leaving
A room without limits
A room without worry
A room without walls
Vast
Wide
Open
Home
The country
My country
Return
Yes return
Peacefulness
That’s what this room brings me
Peace
Filled completely
No one around
I am safe here
I am loved here
No judgments
No regrets
No hate
No hurt
No fear
No shame
Shame is what my old religion taught me
My new religion loves me
Accepts me as I am
That’s what I feel in this vast space… LARGENESS… TRUTH… PROTECTED
Complete acceptance and love
A love reserved for me.

No comments: