Sunday, November 4, 2012

NOW IS THE TIME!


“On a yellow Post-it, he writes, “Dreamers can never be tamed,” and sticks it on the mirror next to the previous day’s “thought.” ~Aleph
In meditation this morning I heard the message: Sometimes we must go back in order to move forward.
While riding the train this morning I finished it!
I was finally done with it!
After spending two months reading it slowing and revisiting my past, my story, I finally finished it and as the doors opened on the 34th Street stop I cried a little. That was it. I was done. No more excuses. No more distractions. No more emergencies. No more procrastination. No more meditations. No more blogs.
I finally finished it!
Part of my morning practice and spiritual readings has been to re-read my memoir, Finding Your Force A Journey to Love. I wanted to go back and read the story that I have told myself. I wanted to look at the story I’ve been telling myself about who I am, what I deserve and all that I am capable of. I went back to the past to read the story I wrote so that I could be reminded of who I am today and all that I can do when I put my mind and soul to the task. I wrote a beautiful story. I completed my first book.
Now is the time I write a new story… THE STORY!
Then I arrived to Expansion Church and right on time, Rodney McKenzie says, “What have you been hiding from?"
He spoke a lot about how we hide from the things we are really meant to have and experience… living the lives we are destined to live.
I just listened because the truth sometimes can hurt and also the truth can feel so good. And besides, I HAVE BEEN HIDING!
He went on to speak about what the theme of the month would be… and I felt my entire body light up from the inside out!
This month he will be speaking on REVOLUTION!
At that point I was just sure he was calling me out… Rodney was challenging me to a duel. If it’s a REVOLUTION he wants… I AM READY!
As I sit here writing I am thinking about all the ways I have been hiding. Hiding behind my pen. Hiding behind these pages. Hiding behind a 40 Day Fast. Hiding behind my meditations.  And I didn’t need Rodney to say it in church… because I was well aware when I woke up this morning and finished my memoir on the train that I could no longer hide. When I woke up this morning I knew that today would be the last blog I would be posting for a while because I AM DONE HIDING!
THE TIME IS NOW!

So my target word count is 50,000 words by the end of November, an average of 1,667 words per day… I average that’s about four single spaced pages of writing… TOTALLY DOABLE…
I can do this!!!
I will do this!!!
I WAS BORN TO DO THIS!!!!
This month I am completing the Daughters of the Revolution!
So to all of you who have been reading my words and following my process I THANK YOU! Thank you for the love, support and encouragement. Feel free to email me love at findingyourforce@gmail.com or just keep me in prayer.
This time I am going into hiding… but not from what I was born to do… but for the sole purpose of doing what I have been called to do—completing this EPIC NOVEL… The Daughters of the Revolution!
“I don’t know how to light the sacred fire, nor do I know the special prayer, and I can’t even find the place in the forest. All I can do is tell the story and hope that God will hear me.” Aleph
All I will do is TELL this beautiful story and I know it will be heard.
I AFFIRM
Today, I am being called to finish it.
Today, I am being called to know that I can do this.
Today, I will know that I was born to write this story.
Today, I will know that Spirit is always with me ~ for this knowing I am so grateful~
And so it is~
Aché

© Copyrighted Alicia Anabel Santos 2012

No comments: