Wednesday, March 19, 2008

All work and no play~

I wanna be a kid today!
I don’t want to HAVE to work.
I don’t want to be SOOOOO serious today.
I want to have fun.
I want to be carefree.

Do you remember the last time you had fun?
When was the last time you had a belly laugh?
Who made you laugh?
What made you laugh?
Why do we take life so serious?
Why am I so serious today?

I was on the phone with someone this morning who was full of life, full of love, and was filled with happiness and joy… it was like being on the phone with a little girl… a little girl who was laughing about everything and just having a great time… it was really wonderful to hear.

And at that moment I was wishing I was a little girl… I wished that I could let the little girl in me come out to join her in the fun. But I didn’t do that… while she played I was playing an adult game. I was busy thinking about all that I had to do today. I wasn’t in the happiest of moods. I was thinking about my "to do list" and what the ONE task would be - - that I would need to get done today. I was thinking about how nasty the weather looked when I awoke this morning… it looked dreadful… and I guess I allowed it to affect my mood - - I was dreading the day… I was moving really slowly not really wanting to leave my house.

So I grabbed my umbrella and left. I was walking down the stairs in a turtles pace… stood at the front of my building not wanting to open my umbrella when I saw one of my neighbors standing at the door smoking a cigarette and he said… "Don’t let the day fool you - - it’s a beautiful day" well lets just say... that’s just what I needed to hear to get me out of my crappy mood… it is a beautiful day :)

The little girl in me wants to play in the fields…

I used to love swinging… really high and jumping off… I remember growing up in NYC… and hanging in the park on Atlantic Avenue - - this park had those metal swings… there would be four of us competing - - two people on each swing… one person sitting - - the other standing on the swing and the race was ON for who could go the highest…

The water feels so good... won’t you join me?

Not a care in the world…

Lets go slide…

I just wanna dance around like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music… The hills are alive…

I always wanted to learn how to do a cartwheel…

And blowing bubbles was so much fun… chasing the bubbles to pop them… or catch them…

The fun we had falling down…

Good times at the beach... being buried alive…

How easily entertained we were…

DID SOMEONE SAY WATER FIGHT???

I don’t wanna be a grown up today~
I wanna play…
Lets play today~


What are your favorite games?
What do you do for fun?
What brings a smile to your face?


Peace~

No comments: