Saturday, September 29, 2012

Meditation 23: If You Believe~ Day 8


Day 8: 40 Days~




And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ~ The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho


One of my favorite quotes and life mantras… is that when I want something, I believe that the universe conspires in helping me to achieve it. I trust and know that the universe is conspiring to bring me what I desire. And as long as I am taking steps towards my personal legend I know this to be the truth.


This is what I am meditating on today~ If you BELIEVE~

New Thought books and New Age teachers write a lot about changing your thoughts and how simply changing your thoughts you can change your life… “Think positive!” we are told.
We make wishes for things but do we believe we can have that which we are wishing for?

Several months ago I received a text message from my daughter in the midst of a very challenging and dark moment in her life where she wrote:

“Mommy, can you teach me how to pray?”

“Actually, a prayer is not a process, a combination of words or thoughts, nor statements, declarations, affirmations, or denials. Prayer is a state of consciousness in which we experience the realization of harmony, perfection, oneness, joy, peace, and dominion. Often, prayer or communion brings to the individual some specific truth...”  from The Infinite Way, by Joel S. Goldsmith

She went on to say to me that she believes she doesn’t know how to do it… believing that she is somehow doing it wrong. She believed that her prayers weren’t being answered. And she wanted to know how I pray because she says my prayers seem to always get answered.. that everything I ask for I receive.

I just smiled.

I was thrilled to see my daughter exploring beginning a journey that she has always had access to… desiring to attain something that she believes is happening outside of herself. That praying to someone or something outside of herself is where she will find the answers she is looking for.

I smiled because I know that she is on her way to receiving everything that she desires only if she believes. It’s not about praying to God or to Jesus… it is about an internal faith… it is about willingness to be still and believing in something. Prayer is communing… a private conversation that no one can teach her to have… its about asking for those things… the answers that she needs for herself in faith that it will arrive.

I certainly don’t have any magic wand that makes my desires a reality. What I have is a firm belief in all that I pray for. I have a willingness to remain open and an expectation that the universe always brings me what is for my highest and greatest good. I trust that the universe is conspiring and aligning in my favor always. This is what I BELIEVE!

I believe that when I say something, pray for something, believe in something and meditate on something there is a power that brings it to me—EVERY TIME! RIGHT ON TIME!

Perhaps it doesn’t show up in my life five minutes after praying for it. However, I believe that it will arrive to me when the universe decides I am ready to receive it.

“Only those who have believed has the proof come. The highest hope and aspiration of humanity have been built around the lives of those few who have believed. Through the manifestation of the power that is within you, you can project any objective experience, which you may legitimately desire. Be certain that you are accepting this, that you are living in joyous expectation of good, that you are accepting abundance.  –“What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them”?” ~Ernest Holmes

I AFFIRM:

I believe that Spirit brings me closer to everything I pray for in faith.
I know that when I am still I can commune with Spirit knowing that my prayers are being answered.
I believe that we all receive what is meant for us.
I believe that the universe is generous, loving and kind.
I believe that in prayer I am connecting to a Source who listens closely to my requests and only provides me with that which is for my highest good, that which is meant for me.
I believe that my beautiful daughter will receive all she desires… all she has to do is ask and listen.

And so it is~
Aché

Prayer is really about listening... its listening to our intuition... the answer to our prayers if we get quiet and really listen... this is where the answers are written~




Through prayer... I will make my mark!!!



No comments: