Friday, December 30, 2011

Meditation 17: One day you will know what to do and you will BEGIN!

“One day you knew what you had to do to begin and you began!”

Do you know what its time to walk towards?

For me the answer is… I am walking towards my GREATNESS because that is where my greatest work resides.

How can we learn the lessons from the experiences of others?


Take the best of them and return to ourselves.

Do you think people choose to be alone? Today that’s what I am thinking about. I am thinking about the people who MUST isolate themselves in order TO GET IT DONE! In order to get things done. Whether that’s finish a book, write a song, have their play on Broadway… there are things that must be done in solitude in order to realize your dreams. Most people will never dare devote themselves to their cause.

So YES… I AM GOING there and using the “J” word! Whether you believe in him or not!

Even Jesus Christ was ostracized and left out there alone. He had a journey to walk and he walked it alone. No one took that walk for him or with him. Jesus was here to do something and he didn’t leave until he completed the task. Jesus was kicked. He was stoned and spat on. One of his disciples even denied knowing him. Another betrayed him. But he kept walking – he had something to do and he put his life on the line. Are we willing to DIE FOR WHAT WE WANT! Do we want it THAT BADLY?

What is the ONE THING you know you must do?

Do you know what it is time to walk towards?

That’s what I am meditating on… the things that I MUST DO to arrive to where I am destined to be. I AM coming back to myself. I am returning home!

For a while I was feeling like I’ve been running from something. Now I’m running towards something. AND YES I AM WILLING TO DIE TO HAVE ALL I DESIRE!

Some people, places and things MUST BE AVOIDED for healing to happen~

This is why I isolate myself. I isolate myself for healing to happen. There are toxic people out there in the world. There are people who do not have our best interest at heart. There are people who do not have the best of intentions and these are the people we must let go. The only thing we are running out of - - is time! We must begin what we were born to do NOW! We must become who we were born to be--NOW! We must begin NOW! It doesn’t matter that it’s December 30, 2011—start today!

“No more time for getting it wrong, no more time for playing it small, you must focus on exactly what you want to do and exactly who you need to be.” Age in Miracles, Marianne Williamson

In October, I had a book reading at Bowdoin College in Maine where I spent time with students talking about culture and identity and the things that shape us. So much has been rising for me with this book tour. It’s as if I am reliving moments from my past over and over again as I read the words from the book out loud. I felt exposed in a way I wasn’t really prepared for. A professor at Bowdoin talked a little about this new midlife and so I started reading a book recently titled: “The age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife,” in hopes that I would gain some insight into all I’ve been feeling lately.

Over the years I have written 1000 of pages of blogs. I have filled close to 70 journals with my writing and have shared my personal story in every possible way. Yet today I am living a new story… I am starting a new chapter. I am entering my “midlife.” And this new story requires a deeper digging that I wasn’t ready for.

So lets walk… today is a new day. It’s an opportunity for me to begin again… I am open to the miracles that are coming today…

I will always remember that one day I knew what I had to do and I began~ and for that knowing I am so grateful. And so it is~

The Journey

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice --
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do --
determined to save
the only life you could save.

~ by Mary Oliver ~


I AFFIRM: Today I know what I must do… and I will begin.


Peace, light and LOVE~

No comments: