Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Love me or LEAVE me~

"Love is not concepts; love is action. Love in action can only produce happiness. Fear in action can only produce suffering." from the Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz

Are relationships really as complicated and as complex as we make them out to be?

I feel like that old quote holds such truth… it truly is as simple as "treating others the way you would like to be treated." I think for me in considering people to walk with - - RESPECT for my person is incredibly important. Then it would be ACCEPTANCE – take me as I am. Step to me in FAITH. Come in PEACE. Speak in LOVE. I don't think that I am that complicated or difficult to deal with (alright maybe that's not completely true). I believe my requests are simple… treat me the way I treat you. Love me or leave me~

So I was hurt by someone I care about (THE POET), the poet said some things that hurt me which had nothing to do with me and everything to do with their own personal history - - but it did affect me.

Leave your baggage at the door!

We all have our crap! None of us is perfect. We are all works in progress.

This relationship thing can be quite the journey with high and low points. Last night was one of those low points during my conversation with the poet. It's an interesting thing what men and women do. I know so many women who USE all kinds of men to get back at a man from their past. Whether it is women using men for financial gain, for attention, for sex, for a meal (ladies don't front). And then men who have been betrayed by women with adultery, deception, lies, ruined credit… sometimes men and women take out their past on the new folks who come along.

I decided a long time ago… that I was NO LONGER going to do this to potential suitors. I decided that I wanted to give every new relationship the benefit of doubt… allowing them to come as they are, credit reports and references not necessary… and that I would accept them for who they are and see where it leads.

So with the poet I've done just that - - I'm staying open. Coming as I am. Sharing all of me… but something was missing. TRUST seemed to be one sided. And this trust issue is really fear based. I began to feel like I was being put into a familiar category (a category created by the poet) - - I was put in this little box where potential suitors are placed with the past. It's easy to group people together when we allow fear to guide us - - it's easy to look for things to push the potential NEW away. Especially when we measure the new with the old. That's the quickest recipe for disaster. Because we never really give the NEW a chance - - it's DOA!

So I decided today that I can't worry about the poets past and that I wouldn't take it personal (because I did take it personal) I realize that it had NOTHING TO DO WITH ME… and its none of my business. I am only responsible for my half…, I will worry about my half and they can worry about their half…and we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

I'm NO punching bag~

I don't do rollercoaster's
They make me wanna throw up
I refuse
To pay
For your past…

I'm not your ex
I'm new
I'm ME…
NO comparison please

FEAR
Makes you walk
Quick
Away
From love
LOVE fears nothing

To test love
Simply
Stand
Still
And wait
Face fear
In her eyes

You are loved~

We'll know
During our
20th, 30th, 50th anniversary

"Life is too short"
Does not mean
Full steam ahead…

Live fully,
Walk slowly,
Love deeply
Watch the flowers grow
Feed off the moments.

Just because you've arrived
Doesn't mean my dream changes
Be here to add
Not take away.

Love doesn't walk
It takes fear by the hand
You're worthy
Love has arrived
Be happy

When the ME is threatened
For the goal of an US…
It never works
Love and fear
At war~
Love always wins

I have no doubt…,
Accept who I am
Believe and know
I'm nobodies punching bag~

We must surrender - - give up the fear thoughts – give up control of a situation - - we must stay open - - and in doing this we allow ourselves to be open for the magic to happen

If what you want is love how far are you willing to go - - to get it?

Is trust difficult?


Peace~

No comments: