Thursday, January 31, 2008

POW~

I was annoyed this morning. I was asked to read something for someone I work with and give them some feedback on it. I accepted the project, read the piece and returned it with my feedback in addition to offering my contact information in case the person had any questions. I wanted to be HELPFUL and provide some ENCOURAGMENT and SUPPORT to a fellow writer – a nudge forward… help in taking the next step.

This was last week. But it has been ongoing for a few weeks…

So twice this week I was being summoned by the source requiring the feedback that they misplaced my contact information… see the problem I am having isn't that someone needs my help… the problem is when I start feeling harassed, taken advantage, my time being infringed upon. So this morning as I walk in the building (I am about to step foot on the elevator) when a coworker yells to me "Yo Alicia! Wait—the person requiring feedback is looking for you… needs to see you right away - WAIT…" it was too early for this… I was like "NO I can't speak to this person right now I need to get to my desk I will check you later."

This is my side~
That's your side~

Boundaries people!

My special someone was just listening to my rant about this morning's event and then said… "Sometimes you just need to let people KNOW - - look I wanna help you - -but I have my own projects" or be like:

Back off and respect my time.

How do we do this in a nice way?

There was a time in my life where I was never afraid to let someone have it. To let someone know what I really thought and felt about them… it was uncensored, raw and unrated… I didn't care how they took what I was serving… the point was that I would serve what ever was required in the moment. So if you did something I didn't like or something you did piss't me off I would let you know in a minute… my feeling was:

Then there's me today… full of love and peace… (Or so I like to maintain as often as possible but believe me I still get pissed the hell off. And wasn't happy this morning. I'm feeling pulled in many directions - - feeling like my space and time is being violated and not be respected – NOT CONSIDERED… people can be so inconsiderate.

How do we deal with those who have no boundaries?
How do we say NO with out offending, but still asserting our needs?



Peace~

No comments: