Friday, January 4, 2008

Security Blanket~

Someone I love died last night. I am incredibly sad and scared. What will I do now without my dear friend?

My friend you have been with me since the day I was born~
You protected me from harms way so many times~
And now I have to learn to live without you~
I am devastated that have left me~
How could you leave me?
It’s too soon~
You were too young~
You’ve been here for me through thick and thin~

It is extremely sad to see you go~

You the life of the party…remember the time we were out drinking and I was throwing up on the side of road - - it was you who was holding my hand, you who was holding my hair as that guy walked by and shouted… “Girl, you ain’t got that Janet Jackson control!”

You were the one constant in my life~
You were the one I could rely on~
You were the one who never failed me~
You were the one who never disappointed me~
You were the one who had my back - - ride or die~
I never thought you would leave me~

But you have left me~ you’re gone~

You who were so very tough, larger than life, loud, aggressive, would tell a person to go “F” themselves in a minute~

We sure have had some good times~
We had so many favorite movies~
We had so many favorite songs~
We’ve shared incredible memories~
And how you could make me laugh at the silliest things~

When those girls jumped me and had my hair wrapped around that pole you and my brother were there~
When men broke my heart you were there~
When women broke my heart you were there~
When I was hurting you made me smile and you were always there~
When I was hit you healed my wounds and you were there~
When I cried you wiped away my tears and you were there~
For every happy moment you were there~
For every sad moment you were there~
For everything you were there~
In my most scary moments you were there~
During the worst of my “learned errors” you were there~
When life seemed difficult you were there~
When I didn’t believe in me you were there~
When my 4th grade teacher made fun of me you were there~
When I was lonely you were there~
When I was scared you were there~
When I was in pain you were there~

You were always there~

A part of me wants to hold onto you but I know I can’t~
I must let you go~
You will always be apart of me I will never forget you~
I thank you for all you have brought me – goodbye dear friend – may you rest in peace~


How do we hold on to something that has left us?
How do we deal with losing someone we love - - someone who made us feel safe?

Old friends are hard to lose~

Peace~

1 comment:

77free said...

my love,

you are in my prayers.

death, is the enemy. no matter how often we tell ourselves to accept it its hard to because we were programmed to live.

Even the consoling that is often fed to us that God took them or needed never sets well with us that God will cause us pain at his expense. That's not love.

However, I am with you and am sending presents of comfort.


Be well.