Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Falling Apart~

“It’s unbelievable how tenaciously we cling to what we’ve prayed to be released from.”

“Fear does not promote learning. It warps us. It stunts us. It makes us neurotic. And by the time we were teenagers, most of us were severely cracked. Our love, our hearts, our real “self” were constantly invalidated by people who didn’t love us and by people who did. In the absence of love, we began slowly but surely to fall apart.”


There are messages everywhere. You could be reading the label off the can of beans, walking down the street and one word on an ad will jump out at you. That’s me today. I started reading, A Return to Love several years ago got to page 100 and stopped. It was the chapter on relationships. I'm not sure what it was about that chapter that made me abandon it but there was something I didn't want to look at.

When I finished reading the Alchemist for the tenth time… I decided to try and read A Return to Love again. There is something calling me to this book.

The moment I read those words we cling to those things we pray to be released from, I silently said to myself… yeah, I was supposed to hear that.

Why do we do that? Why do we hold onto those things we know are NO GOOD for us? Why can’t release those thoughts that do not serve us? Why do we keep people around us who don’t support us? What are we afraid will happen?

Quotes are from: A Return to Love, by Marianne Williamson

Peace, light and LOVE~
Always Alicia

1 comment:

mundoescantar said...

Great post! I too was struck with some revelations while reading that book. Thank you for iluminating your path for others to learn from.
Princess