Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where PURE LOVE resides~

“Sometimes it takes all the love we’re capable of to let a person go… “I love you so much that I can release you to be where you need to be, to go where you need to go.” This moment in a relationship is not about an ending. It’s about the ultimate fulfillment of the purpose in any relationship: that we find the meaning of pure love.”

Does my letting you go mean that I didn’t love you or that I didn’t accept you?

Today I am spending time reading the sections in the Relationships Chapter about: Communicating Love, Commitment and Faith in Relationships~

Accepting people as they are… Marianne writes about those people who are constantly telling us what’s wrong with us yet don’t assist us, don’t guide us in getting better. What they do is paralyze us.

However, those who do accept us allow us to find our way and help to build. Those who accept us help us to feel good about who we are and where we are headed. When we accept people for who they are it helps them to get better... to get stronger.

There have been several relationships that I have had to let go of believing that I had to do so for their highest good… for my highest good.

In one relationship I believed that letting her go was right because the deepest form of love I could give her—was allowing her to be her, to learn, to experience, to feel and to expand. But today I wonder if that was also a form of not accepting her. I’m not really sure. I don’t have an answer but it makes me question whether or not I/WE really know what accepting someone for who they are is really about.

There are people that when something in a relationship doesn’t seem to go their way – they tend to walk away from it. So how do we master acceptance?

Faith in Relationships

“‘Now is the time for faith.’ Let us be softened by our tears. When emotional knives hit the heart, walls crumble that didn’t belong there to begin with. We can learn then. We can learn what is illusion and what is real. We can learn that idols can never ever be trusted, and we can learn about a love that never, ever leaves.”


The relationships that I have had, the love that I have shared has been absolutely amazing. This quote was just a confirmation for me that the love WE shared is eternal. This makes me feel warm and brings a smile to my face.

Commitment

“A Course in Miracles says we are to have total commitment in all of our relationships, and they will never compete with one another. Commitment in a relationship means commitment to the process of mutual understanding and forgiveness—no matter how many conversations it takes, nor how uncomfortable those conversations might sometimes be. When we physically separate from someone we’ve been involved with, that doesn’t mean the relationship is over.”


I am understanding something new today… the end of my relationships no longer means that it is THE END of us… our chapter as we know it is over but the PURE LOVE that existed stays. That never ends.

I affirm: Today I understand that the love we shared will never leave me. Today I understand that letting you go was the purest form of love I could have given you. Today I accept you just as you are. Today I accept me as I am. Today I will be still and know—that I AM love~

Quotes are from: A Return to Love, Reflections on the Principles Of a Course in Miracles, by Marianne Williamson

Peace, light and LOVE~
Alicia

No comments: