Monday, October 15, 2012

Meditation 41: What people think about us is none of our business~ Day 24


Day 24: 40 Day Fast~
What people think about us is none of our business~
What people say about us is not our business~
Gossip is not healthy… but its even worse when we begin to gossip about ourselves with ourselves. I don’t know if you’ve ever done this… made up stories… allowed your mind to tell you things that are simply not the truth?
An interesting thing happened to me this morning as I was washing dishes…
Don’t think for a moment that communing with and listening to Spirit only can happen when you’re sitting in a meditative trance, burning incense, with bells chiming and candles lit in some dark room. Nope! Communing can happen anytime… anywhere.
I had just finished writing my blog and reading spiritual text this morning when I got up to make breakfast. While my Colombian coffee was brewing I decided to do the dishes and my mind went on this journey to crazy land… I began to make up stories about what people might be saying about me or thinking about me. I was coming up with all sorts of reasons and ideas for why certain people haven’t called or visited. Then I laughed… I heard a voice say: What are you talking about? What people think about you is none of your business! What people say about you is not your business.
Perspective!
That’s what I needed this morning—some perspective. What people think about me is none of my business. I don’t need to WORRY about anything or anyone! The only person that I need to worry about is Alicia.
“Stop arguing. Learn to believe. Stop debating. Learn to accept. Stop looking for an authority outside of your own conviction. This calls for complete confidence in the Law and an equal confidence in yourself. If you wish to be healed you must expect to be made whole. If you wish freedom you must no longer think bondage.” This Thing Called You~
I expect to be made whole!
I am standing in freedom and releasing bondage!
This was really the blog I wrote today…
I meditated and wrote on the word WORRY! During my silent meditation I began listing all kinds of things I have been worried about: finances, health, work, opportunities, people and places. Will they show up?
Today I am celebrating the 6th Year Anniversary of the New York City Latina Writers Group. And I am thrilled about this accomplishment. I am grateful for this moment in my life. Yet I woke up this morning worried. I kept listing all the things I want to get done. My mind wasn’t focused on any one thing I kept drifting… I stopped during my writing meditation… I thought about womyn in my life that have come and those who have left.
“The creative law which you use is like a mirror. The thought you hold before it is like an image. The mirror reflects the image you hold before it. Hold there, then, the image of faith and expectancy, with enthusiastic conviction and with undying trust. The only thing that can hinder you is yourself. The only thing that can help you is yourself. Because it is you who reflects the image in the mirror.” ~Ernest Holmes
Today I am holding the image of faith and expectancy with tremendous conviction!
And so it is~
I AFFIRM:
I am not going to worry about tonight!
I am going to do what I was born to do… great work!
I surrender all worry to the universe and to my creator—knowing that it has already been done.
I don’t need to worry about how things will turn out.
I don’t need to worry.
I don’t need to take things personal.
I don’t need to worry.
I release all worry.
I release all worry.
I have nothing to fear.
I don’t need to worry about the outcome or the results… because they are always in my favor.
I don’t need to worry (or meddle) in how things are going to turn out for others… it is none of my business.
I release all worries and I know that all is perfectly aligned and everything is going to turn out beautifully.
All is well.
It will be perfect!
I believe with complete conviction that all that I desire is already manifested.
All doubt, fear, confusion, worry, concern or uncertainty is cast out of my mind.
I know that what is mine will claim me!
And so it is~ Aché ~ Para ti Oya~ Maferefun~


Join me tonight for an absolutely beautiful evening of storytelling in honor of all women, our history, our culture, our contributions, our strength, our pain, our losses and our accomplishments.
This event is FREE and open to the public!
When: Monday, October 15, 2012
Where: Camaradas
Time: 7:00pm – 10:00pm

Excerpt from Finding Your Force A Journey to Love
There was something interfering or intervening in my process. I believed that I somehow was the one in control. I felt like I was being tested. I definitely felt like my patience and peacefulness was being tried. I was being called to look at something. I was underground walking towards the shuttle train when I see this group singing. I kept walking.

People will come in
At times
Unwelcome
With words
To test you
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'

THEY
WILL
Say things
Infer
Imply
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'

Things will happen
make you question
second guess
Doubt
self
And then there’s
TIMING~
ALL happens
right on time~
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'

I was reminded of this that day. The voices coming from those girls made me do a double take. They had just finished a song and were about to start another. There was one girl whose voice made me stop. I was frozen. They pulled me back. I turned around and stood in front of them. I figured why rush now things weren't going my way anyway. As far as I was concerned my day wasn't going according to MY plan. The sounds that came from this group, took my breath away. They had no music backing them. They were beat boxing… hitting notes that I swear I thought some of these girls were black. They were amazing.

Then one of the singers started with these words…

Just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin anywhere
Their shadows searching in the night
Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on
Don’t stop believin
Hold on to the feelin
~ By Journey

I felt like I was that small town girl living in this lonely world. I felt like I was going nowhere. I swore that they were singing that song directly to me. I cried the entire time they sang. I knew that there was a message sent directly for me. Alicia! Don’t ever stop believing.  When I stopped there were only four of us listening. By the end of the song there were thirty people. They were absolutely amazing. I had to thank the universe for these angels who were sent to remind me, DON'T STOP BELIEVIN’!

When they finished I immediately bought their CD and walked to the shuttle train and as I sat there I cried and cried. At that moment I released all those thoughts that I believed were stopping me. I released my belief that I was being intentionally delayed. I removed all sabotaging thoughts. Something else was slowing me down. There was something greater happening. All of it was part of a bigger plan if I only I stopped to BELIEVE! All was happening to me that day so that I could arrive right on time! That's what was missing for me the ME that believes. I needed to hold onto my faith. I needed to be reminded that I should never stop believing. I needed to remember who I am and not allow what others say to influence or affect me. We walk around spending our days missing the many blessings sent our way. We listen to the words of others when we should really be listening to our  force. That day I was tested in so many ways or at least that was my perception. The universe sent me a message in the form of that amazing chorus, The Middlebury Mischords.

I AFFIRM:
I believe in the good in others.
I believe in love.
I believe that everything that happens in my life happens for a reason even if the reasons aren't revealed to me immediately.
I believe in me.
I believe in you.
I believe that if you hurt me… I must let you go and I will.
I believe in quiet, tranquility, and space.
I believe in peace. ~ From Finding Your Force available on Amazon

******
PLEASE JOIN ME FOR TWO AMAZING WRITING WORKSHOPS I WILL OFFERING:
Part 1: Women Writing the World ~ Writing Workshop – FREE WORKSHOP ~ 10/28/12 6pm-8pm

To register and for more information please email: findingyourforce@gmail.com

In your email please include the following:
Your name:
Email:
State/country:

Once you are registered you will receive more details.

Part 2: Writing with Intention ~ 6 classes on Nov. 11, 18, 25 and Dec. 2, 9, 16

FOR MORE DETAILS:

No comments: