Friday, October 12, 2012

What I love about being a woman~ A poem


Stream of consciousness… a poem I wrote for my event in Rhode Island next week…

One of the things I love most about being a woman is being Latina.
Dominicana.
Africana.
Indigena.
Lesbiana.
I am that woman connected to several culturas y lenguas…
I am that woman con una historia rica
Una mujer con sabor Latina.
not your stereotype
not your sexpot
I am orgullo Dominicano –
Aunque me niegan porque no hablo~
Soy arroz con pollo with a side of platano ~
Con aguacate, maduro y un buen sancocho
tambores y bachata~
Boca Chica, el Cibao y la capital to mexclao
I am merengue tipico to ripiao
I am ocean breezes con agua de coco
Bendecida por San Miguel, Santa Marta y San Santiago
la 21a Divisiones bailando palo
I am the sun setting on the malecon
I am that Latina siempre conectada
Siempre representando
mi gente
my country
Esa historia
firmly planted in me~
 
Where: Johnson & Wales University
When: Wednesday, October 17th
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: 60 Broad Street, Providence, RI

No comments: